Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is a first-person shooter video game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision.
- Serving as the sixteenth overall installment in the Call of Duty series, as well as a reboot of the Modern Warfare sub-series, it was released on October 25, 2019, for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
- The game takes place in a realistic and modern setting. The campaign follows a CIA officer and British SAS forces as they team up with rebels from the fictional country of Urzikstan, combating together against Russian forces who have invaded the country.
- The game’s Special Ops mode features cooperative play missions that follow up the campaign’s story.
- The multiplayer mode supports cross-platform multiplayer for the first time in the series.
- It has been reworked for gameplay to be more tactical and introduces new features, such as a Realism mode that removes the HUD as well as a form of the Ground War mode that now supports 64 players.
Apex Legends – The Next Evolution of Battle Royale
- Apex Legends is a free-to-play battle royale game developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts.
- It was released for Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on February 4, 2019, without any prior announcement or marketing. The game is currently in its fourth season.
- In Apex Legends, up to 20 three-man squads land on an island before searching for weapons and supplies to then attempt to defeat all other players in combat.
- Each player must also keep moving to avoid being caught outside the play area.
- The final team alive wins the round. The game is set in the same sci-fi universe as Respawn Entertainment’s Titanfall and Titanfall 2.
- Work on the game began sometime around late 2016 and early 2017, though the project remained a secret right up until its launch.
- The game’s release in 2019 came as a surprise, as until that point it had been assumed that Respawn Entertainment was working on a third instalment to the Titanfall franchise, the studio’s previous major title.
The Outer Worlds
- The Outer Worlds is an action role-playing game developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Private Division.
- The game was released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows on October 25, 2019, with a Nintendo Switch version to be released at a later time.
- The game received generally favorable reviews from critics.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is an action-adventure game developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts.
- It was released for Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on November 15, 2019.
- The game is set in the Star Wars universe, five years after the film Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith and 14 years before Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope, and follows a young Jedi Padawan named Cal Kestis as he is hunted through the galaxy by the Galactic Empire, while trying to complete his Jedi training and restore the now wiped out Jedi Order.
- The game was announced during E3 2018, with a more detailed reveal during the Star Wars Celebration in April 2019.
- The game received generally favorable reviews from critics and sold more than eight million copies by the end of January 2020.