The description of AetherSX2
A PS Two console emulator for the Android platform.
- AetherSX2 is free to use with no ads.
- OpenGL, Vulkan and software rendering.
- Supports touchscreen and Bluetooth controllers.
- Use AetherSX2 in your games.
- AetherSX2 is a PS Two console emulator for the Android platform.
- You can play games downloaded from disc on your portable device.
- **A BIOS image** is required to play games and is not optional.
- The image must be dumped from your own console using a homebrew application.
- You need a high-end device to perform well.
- We recommend at least an equivalent device with Snapdragon 845.
- This means 4 large cores (Cortex-A75 level, 500 or more Geekbench 5 single core).
- If you only have two large cores (e.g. Snapdragon 700 series SoC), you should not enable Multi-Threaded VU as performance will suffer.
- On devices with Mali or PowerVR GPUs, the app runs, but performance is much slower than Adreno GPUs.
- System simulation
- OpenGL, Vulkan and software rendering
- Game scaling to 1080p and beyond
- Widescreen patches for games without native support
- Save status
- Touchscreen and bluetooth controller support
- Games can be loaded from iso/chd/cso disk images
- Per game settings
- AetherSX2 should only be used to play games that you own and have downloaded from the disc yourself. To download your games, you can use a tool like ImgBurn to create an .iso file for the disc and then copy it to your device. via USB.
- The AetherSX2 app is free, contains no ads, and is provided under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives International License (BY-NC-ND 4.0, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
- This app is not affiliated in any way with Sony Interactive Entertainment.