- GIMP is stunning image manipulation software and it’s the abbreviation of gnu Image Manipulation Program.
- This software is taken into account because the best various of the Adobe Photoshop.
- It comes packed with several choices and tools and this software also supports a large number of different plugins.
- It is an open source and free of cost software, you can use it for many basic operations.
- Its installation method is extremely a lot of simple and you’ll customise it as well, you’ll install in specific Mode, Custom Mode and Advanced Mode.
- It has a complex but intuitive interface and it’s a matter of time you will get used to the usefulness of it.
- Each task requires a different environment and It allows you to customize the view and behavior the way you like it.
- Starting from the widget theme, allowing you to change colors, widget spacings and icon sizes to custom tool sets in the toolbox.
- The interface is modulized into so called docks, allowing you to stack them into tabs or keep them open in their own window.
- Pressing the tab key will toggle them hidden.
- Numerous digital photo imperfections can be easily compensated for using GIMP.
- Fix perspective distortion caused by lens tilt simply choosing the corrective mode in the transform tools.
- Eliminate lens’ barrel distortion and vignetting with a powerful filter but a simple interface.
- The program is ideal for advanced photo retouching techniques.
- Get rid of unneeded details using the clone tool, or touch up minor details easily with the new healing tool.
- With the perspective clone tool, it’s not difficult to clone objects with perspective in mind just as easily as with the orthogonal clone.
- It includes a very unique support for various input devices out of the box.
- Pressure and tilt sensitive tablets, but also a wide range of USB or MIDI controllers.
- You can bind often-used actions to device events such as rotating a USB wheel or moving a MIDI controller’s slider.
- Change the size, angle or opacity of a brush while you paint, bind your favorite scripts to buttons.
- Speed up your workflow!
- The file format support ranges from the common likes of JPEG (JFIF), GIF, PNG, TIFF to special use formats such as the multi-resolution and multi-color-depth Windows icon files.
- The architecture allows to extend GIMP’s format capabilities with a plug-in.
- You can find some rare format support in the plugin registry.
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- Memory (RAM): 512MB of RAM required.
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV or faster