- Kdenlive is an open source video editor. The project was started around 2003.
- Kdenlive is made on Qt and therefore the KDE Frameworks libraries.
- Most of the video processing is completed by the MLT Framework, which relies on many other open source projects like FFmpeg, frei0r, movit, ladspa, sox, etc…
- Our software was designed to answer most needs, from basic video editing to professional work.
- Kdenlive is developed by alittle team and new contributors are welcome.
Multi-track video editing
- Kdenlive allows you to use and arrange several audio and video tracks, all are often locked or muted to your convenience.
Use any audio / video format
- Being supported the powerful FFmpeg libraries, Kdenlive can use almost any audio and video formats directly without the necessity to convert or re-encode your clips.
Configurable interface and shortcuts
- You can arrange and save your custom interface layouts to suit your workflow.
- Keyboard shortcuts also can be configured to match your preferences.
Create 2D titles for your projects,
- Align and Distribute
- Letter-spacing and Line-spacing adjustment
- System font selector including font-family support
- Design features: Color, Shadows, Outlines and Gradients
- Embedded Crawl and Roll tool for text animation
- Unicode decoder
- Rotate and Zoom
- Add images
- Template support
Many effects and transitions
- Dozens of effects are available, starting from color correction to audio adjustments, also as all the quality transform options.
Audio and video scopes
- Monitor your audio level or check the colour scopes to form sure your footage is correctly balanced.
- Audio Meter
- RGB Parade
- Kdenlive can automatically create low resolution copies of your source clips to permit you doing the editing on any computer, then render using full resolution.
- Your project file is automatically protected every jiffy , and older versions of the project file also are kept just in case you would like to roll back to a previous version.
- Download render profiles, wipes and title templates directly from the interface.
- Sometimes when using hi-res footage or complex effects, real-time playback isn’t possible.
- Timeline preview allows you to pre-render parts of your timeline to urge a wonderfully smooth playback.
- Most effects are often keyframed, allowing you to vary the parameters over time, using linear or smooth curves to realize the result you would like .
- Flexible theming engine capable of a spread of sunshine and dark themes.