The description of Orbot
- Orbot is a free proxy app that empowers other apps to use the web more securely.
- Orbot uses Tor to encrypt your Internet traffic then hides it by bouncing through a series of computers round the world.
- Tor is free software and an open network that helps you defend against a sort of network surveillance that threatens personal freedom and privacy, confidential business activities and relationships, and state security referred to as traffic analysis.
- Orbot is that the only app that makes a very private internet connection. because the ny Times writes, “when a communication arrives from Tor, you’ll never know where or whom it’s from.”
- Tor won the 2012 Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Pioneer Award.
ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES:
- Orbot is that the safest thanks to use the web on Android. Period.
- Orbot bounces your encrypted traffic several times through computers round the world, rather than connecting you directly like VPNs and proxies.
- This process takes a touch longer, but the strongest privacy and identity protection available is well worth the wait.
PRIVACY FOR APPS:
- Any installed app can use Tor via the Orbot VPN feature, or if it’s a proxy feature, using the settings found here: https://goo.gl/2OA1y Use Orbot with Twitter, or try private web searching with DuckDuckGo: https://goo.gl/lgh1p
PRIVACY FOR EVERYONE:
- Orbot prevents someone watching your connection from knowing what apps you’re using or websites you visit.
- All anyone monitoring your network traffic can see is that you’re using Tor.
- removed Meek “Cloud” bridge option thanks to not being supported
- more improvements to Onion V3 service support
- for #441, fixes app lookup for app-based VPN selection